Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Oregon Trail & Page Numbers

I'm about to head to class, but I have two things to report this morning.

1. Cases of Cholera have been reported on the U of G campus. There are flyers across campus urging us to make sure the food we consume is hot and prepared/handled in the most hygienic way possible.

Personally, when I think of Cholera, I think of the Oregon Trail computer game Alex and I used to play. I remember Alex would take very special care when selecting his wagon party; however, in spite of copious amounts of planning/strategizing, someone always seemed to get Cholera. As shown by the Oregon Trail, and noted so kindly by the woman at our health orientation, "If you get Cholera at 8 AM, you'll be dead by noon." TIA.

2. This morning, over two full months since the start of classes, I received my first grade of the semester! 

I got an A on a paper I wrote for my Music of Southern Africa class. There was only one comment on my paper: you did not page your work, a serious omission. Apparently not paging my work was in fact a serious omission, as it cost me 15 points off my grade. #Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment